Our neurology specialists offer diagnostic investigations, including CT scanning and MRI scanning, to determine an accurate neurological diagnosis. The field of neurology is broad; incorporating:
- Investigation and treatment for severe headaches: severe chronic migraine, chronic tension headaches, headaches caused by trigeminal neuralgia, cluster headaches and the rare condition paroxysmal hemicrania.
- Assessment for blackouts and fainting: losing consciousness unexpectedly always needs thorough investigation and we can offer prompt diagnosis using our on-site imaging suite.
- Mobility disorders and movement disorders: the most well known of these is Parkinson’s disease, but neurological causes of mobility problems may also include the inherited condition Huntington’s chorea, dystonias, essential tremor, Tourette’s syndrome and restless leg syndrome.
- The impact of stroke: haemorrhagic stroke (caused by bleeding in the brain) and ischaemic stroke (caused by a blockage in one of the arteries supplying the brain) can cause neurological damage. This may affect speech, sight, taste or smell, and/or body sensations and movement. Stroke rehabilitation is a long-term process, but it can help patients regain more function than they expect to be possible.
- Muscular wasting diseases: myositis, motor neurone disease, neuropathy, muscular dystrophy and rare mitochondrial diseases and channelopathies, which usually have a genetic basis.