Diagnosis of skin conditions
We are able to offer clinical examination, consultation and diagnostic testing for all skin conditions including:
- Common skin conditions, including acne, rosacea, acne scarring, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, warts, vitiligo, blistering conditions , drug reactions and unexplained rashes.
- All forms of skin cancer, including malignant melanoma, basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) as well as other rarer types.
- Pre-cancerous skin lesions including actinic keratosis, squamous cell carcinoma in situ.
- Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) and excessive facial flushing.
- Skin infections, including shingles, scabies, folliculitis, erysipelas, ringworm, athlete’s foot, cellulitis, impetigo, skin abscesses.
- Male genital dermatology.
- Dermatology for people living with HIV.
- Skin cancer and skin problems in organ transplant patients and in other immunosuppressed patients.
Dermatology treatments available
Some treatments can be performed at The Physicians' Clinic, but if you need inpatient treatment, or a more complex procedure as an outpatient, we will carry this out at one of the private hospitals that we work with. Our dermatology specialists offer:
- Mohs micrographic surgery for skin cancer.
- Dermatological surgery: removal of skin cancers, pre-cancers, moles, ‘lumps and bumps’, benign skin lesions/moles, cysts.
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT).
- Cosmetic dermatology.
- Laser treatment for skin blemishes, lines and wrinkles, facial redness, rosacea, sunspots, thread veins, sun damage, facial pigmentation, scars and skin conditions.
- Chemical peels for sun damage, lines and wrinkles, facial pigmentation.