News from The Tatler Magazine February Issue: seven of our physicians are in the 250 top Tatler doctors. The Tatler Doctors Guide – now in its fourth edition – is published in the February 2013 issue of this popular society magazine. Arranged by specialty, the guide picks out the top 250 private physicians practising in the UK today. The Physicians’ Clinic, a group practice of over 35 leading consultants, all with London teaching hospital experience, features prominently, with seven consultants are listed in the 2013 Tatler Doctors Guide:
- Founder Director, Dr Paul Glynne is one of only four general physicians picked by the Tatler magazine selection panel. He is recognised for his expertise in diagnosing patients with symptoms that could not be satisfactorily explained by numerous other doctors.
- Dr Steven Hurel, Consultant Endocrinologist is listed in the Endocrinology section as a thyroid and parathyroid specialist with a practical and caring nature, willing to telephone or email patients too ill or too far away to come into clinic.
- The Clinic dominates the neurology section with three of our consultants featured: Professor Michael Hanna, Consultant Neurologist and well known as the Director of the Institute of Neurology, part of University College London; Dr Paul Jarman, Consultant Neurologist and a specialist in complex neurological disorders; and Dr Hadi Manji, Consultant Neurologist and internationally acclaimed for his expertise in treating HIV patients with neurological complications.
- Dr Michael Beckles, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine is included as a top specialist in his field, with particular expertise in lung cancer, sarcoidosis and occupational lung disease.
- Dr Stephanie Kaye-Barrett, Consultant Rheumatologist is picked for her general rheumatology expertise and compassionate, careful attitude to patient care.
These and our other consultants all have many years of experience in top London NHS teaching hospitals and have been hand-picked by The Physicians’ Clinic to join our multi-disciplinary team. In addition to the specialties mentioned, the Clinic also offers fast-track diagnosis in Acute Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Dermatology, Nephrology and Haematology.